Adventures in Spain-Day 1

May 7, 2015
Madrid, Spain

After a 7 hour 56 minute flight, I found myself in the Madrid Barajas Airport with six other students from my program. We picked up our luggage and made our way over to Terminal 1 to meet with the program directors. The directors had arranged for a bus to take us to our hotel and I was hoping to get my room and plop onto my bed to sleep. But (!) the city doesn't get back into its hustle and bustle until after 2pm, so we dropped our luggage off and left to explore.

Despite being hungry and jet lagged, my roommate (my sister) and I were able to make our way over to the Buen Retiro Park to explore the flower garden and enjoy a stroll down it's many roads. We decided to kill time by having lunch- we went to a restaurant at 1:55pm and were the only ones there until hungry Spaniards came in after 2pm.

At this point I still haven't napped and when I finally got my room, I accidentally slept for 3 hours and almost missed the bus tour around the city. Whoops! At 6pm, the city was still lively and the streets still crowded.

As students trying to orient ourselves to the Spanish culture, we decided to have dinner at about 9pm and stumbled at a great restaurant a short walk away from our hotel. I will update this post when I get the exact name and location so you can check it out too.

We ended dinner at 11pm-proper ending time for a Spanish cena and walked back to our rooms for some sweet sleep.

More adventures tomorrow!

Twitter
Shop!

Ovgu







Comments

Popular Posts